Tuesday, 6 May 2008

The world is shrinking

On Friday, Aidan ordered me a Shuffle for Mother's Day. Yes, I know it's cheating that I already know what he got me, but the color and the inscription will be a surprise at least.

Anyways, like I said, he ordered it online on Friday. We received a notice of shipment with tracking info two days later, on Sunday. Today is Tuesday, and it just arrived. Pretty good, right?

It's actually pretty unbelievable when you see where this little $50 gizmo has been.

It started in China. That day it got to the Philippines. Then it left the Philippines for Alaska. Yesterday afternoon it left Anchorage, arrived in Indiana early this morning, and I had it in my hands at 2:44 this afternoon. It even looks like it was at my house this morning, but no one was here to receive it.

With the world shrinking this way, it makes a move to the other side of the world seem more doable. Now if I could only ship myself over as easily and cheaply.

1 comment:

Marrisa said...

You are right, however mail coming from the UK seems to take quite some time still. I sent a parcel to my dad last week and it arrived after 4 days!! That was the fastest ever!